Saturday, October 4, 2008

MY DAILY PRAYER

(Hello, dear readers! Let me share with you the prayer that I say as I start each day.)

O Most Loving and Merciful Father, God Almighty, to You I pray

Bless this day. Bless our home. Bless all my loved ones. Bless my job and every activity I will engage myself in.

Always keep me and my loved ones healthy. Keep us safe from harm and any unpleasant incident.

Help me avoid the occasions of sins. Help me avoid engaging in profane conversations and jokes. Help me speak and act in such a way that I will gain the respect of others.

Protect me, Lord, from the wickedness of some people who are overpowered by hatred, envy, insecurity, jealousy, and other enslaving negative emotions. May they realize their mistakes, rise above their selfishness and weaknesses, and mend their ways.

Help me to be more tolerant with provocative and obnoxious people that I have to deal with. If they become unbearable, help me choose to ignore, understand, and forgive them.

Grant me wisdom not to worry and help me learn from my mistakes. Help me drain my mind of negative thoughts, and my heart of negative feelings.

Bring back the love and compassion that used to dwell in my heart so that forgiveness and understanding will easily come in case someone does me wrong.

And most of all, despite its thorns and hindrances, help me be able to project a positive and respectable image to all people that I come across.

I ask You all these, O Most Loving and Merciful Father, God Almighty, in the Name of Jesus, Your Only Son and our Lord, Who promised us that whatever it is that we ask You in His Name will be given us.

Amen
.

No comments: